Events Warehouse Manager Position — The Electric Canvas — AV.technology
Full Time — Sydney.
The Electric Canvas is the Southern Hemisphere’s only dedicated building projection specialist. Established in 1997, The Electric Canvas (TEC) have delivered hundreds of projects at home and overseas presenting architectural mapping, field-of-play, and large-scale immersive projections. Throughout the past two decades TEC have continually expanded its resources and skills, earning an enviable reputation as a trusted collaborator and production partner. The team at TEC provide innovative solutions to challenging briefs with spectacular results. The Electric Canvas also offer expert advice and consultancy on permanent and/or mixed technology installations.
About the Role
The Electric Canvas have a unique opportunity for a suitable, motivated individual to join our delivery team. This is a responsive, participatory role for the right candidate, keeping astride of all our projection infrastructure capabilities and requirements, inclusive of inventory, warehousing and project preparation. The Events Warehouse Manager will work closely with the National Operations Manager overseeing all activity within The Electric Canvas’ key Sydney warehouse.
This role will suit an experienced individual keen to pivot their existing skills into the world of projection mapping and large-scale events or an event and production enthusiast with a keen interest in infrastructure looking to learn from the best. There is flexibility within the scope of this new role for the right fit.
Please note this is a job in the events industry, from time to time you will be required to work outside of regular 9 – 5pm business hours, inclusive of weekends and public holidays. Additional hours worked outside of regular hours accumulate as time in lieu.
The Electric Canvas supports an equal opportunity workplace for all employees, free of discrimination and harassment, and promoting gender equality.
The Electric Canvas offers
- A supportive working environment with the opportunity for skills advancement over time
- Industry-leading salary commensurate with your experience level
- On the job and off-site training support as required
- An opportunity to work with cutting-edge equipment and systems
- Forklift Licence or willingness to obtain
- Current, clean C Class Driver’s licence (manual)
- Proven computer literacy including Microsoft office suite of programs
- Experience with packing/loading and unloading of trucks
- Previous scaffold experience
- An understanding of production in an events context
- Previous experience with Power Distribution Systems
- Previous experience with resource management software
- Accredited skills and competencies: Elevated Work platform, Test and Tag, Rigging, Senior First Aid
- HR or MR truck licence
- Current valid passport
- Previous experience working in the events industry including site crew coordination
- Carpentry and build/making skills
- Creative and lateral thinking approach.
- Positive and forward thinking
- Safety conscious
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organised
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Sound like you? For more information and/or email your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Electric Canvas: theelectriccanvas.com.au