NAMM 2015: ELECTRO-VOICE EKX SERIES
Electro-Voice has introduced a new family in its portable loudspeaker range: the EKX series, comprising four powered and four passive models including 12- and 15-inch two ways, and 15- and 18-inch subs.
Exclusive features of the new models include EV’s signature QuickSmart DSP digital signal processing single-knob interface, Signal Synchronised Transducers, waveguide design and cardiod control technology for subwoofers.
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD. Easy setup via four presets (Music, Live, Speech*, Club), sub/top system-match crossovers, three-band EQ*, five user-programmable presets (Store and Recall settings), visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control* and meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure (*full-range models only). EV-exclusive Cardioid Control Technology feature for the powered subwoofers allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
- High-efficiency Class-D power amplifiers (up to 1500W) on the powered models deliver up to 134dB peak SPL via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors on powered models, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- Patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design on full-range models provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Ideal for portable and installed applications. Lightweight, compact 15mm wood enclosures with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points (full-range models), aluminum pole-mounts, and all-metal handles. Subs feature large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension, and are equipped with a metal grille reinforcement bar.
Source: media release
Bosch Communications Systems: (02) 9683 4752 or www.boschcommunications.com.au