Roland V160HD Streaming Video Switcher — AV.technology
Portable production mixer and streaming video streamer designed for hybrid events; 40 channel audio mixer, HD matrix, video effects
As the role of hybrid events becomes more critical, Roland looks to raise the bar in AV presentation and delivery standards with the launch of the V160HD Streaming Video Switcher.
A portable design with a broadcast-style interface ideal for a single operator, the V160HD is packed with pro features. Combining robust hardware for live productions, and the live-streaming capabilities found in computer-based systems, this powerful streaming video switcher delivers all the requirements for the in-person and streaming components of a live hybrid event, with the ability to tailor the content for each audience.
While streaming to any popular web platform via USB-C, live audiences will experience Full HD with comprehensive SDI and HDMI I/O. The V160HD also features an eight-layer video effects engine, a 40-channel digital audio mixer and integrated PTZ camera control, next-generation cue management, and live show automation features.
Presets, macros, and advanced sequencing features enable complex switching tasks to be set up and automated, and the detailed interface is simple for a single operator to learn. With integrated connectivity standards, costly infrastructure and conversion processes can be eliminated. Built-in scalers on four of the HDMI inputs let operators easily interface with third-party devices such as computers, tablets, smart phones, and gaming consoles.
Seven freely assignable outputs provide a video matrix. Operators can simultaneously feed program displays, auxiliary monitors, multi-view product displays, and the online audience with a clean output for a recording feed.
Storing and recalling custom looks is uncomplicated. The 30 preset memories and effects engine collaborate to provide seamless scene changes, while 100 macros enable complex actions including switching, DSK on/off, audio mixing adjustments, and PTZ camera movements. Users can set up and preview actions before going live using the free remote-control software for macOS, Windows, and iPad.
Roland V160HD Streaming Video Switcher features:
- portable hybrid event switcher with comprehensive features and connectivity
- eight 3G SDI inputs with frame rate converters
- eight 1080p HDMI inputs with frame rate converters, including four with real-time scalers
- seven total outputs across SDI, HDMI, and USB-C streaming
- seven selectable output modes: Program, Sub-Program, Aux, Preview, and three Multi-View options
- 40-channel digital audio mixer with effects and processing
- eight-layer video effects engine
- 16-slot still store function supports screen capture or uploaded BMP, JPEG, and PNG images via alpha channel in the internal non-volatile memory
- powerful live production automation with sequencing, macros, and preset memories
- PTZ control with support for multiple brands and mixed protocols running at once
- extensive device control with Bluetooth, USB, RS-232, and LAN
- remote control software available for iPad, macOS, and Windows
- wireless and wired camera tally support
- made in Japan / three-year warranty