TIGHT SHOTS IN TIGHT SPOTS
Designed for professional shooting in tricky spaces, the new 4KSDI from Canada’s IO Industries is a single-piece 4K camera head with 3G/HD-SDI outputs for connection to separate recorders and monitors, Super-35mm global shutter sensor, 10-bit 4:2:2 RAW capture, interchangeable lens mount, and multiple output formats to support various applications.
Unveiled at IBC 2014, the broadcast and production camera can output in both DCI 4K and UHDTV formats, making it ideal for both live broadcast and production environments. It can be controlled by handheld remote, or over RS485 connection.
Flexible lens mount options including PL, Nikon F and Canon EF, and an integrated optical low pass filter helps remove moire artefacts. Connection to peripheral devices is enabled with four 3G/HD-SDI outputs. Depending on the output format, either two or four cables are needed to connect the 4KSDI to a growing selection of 4K/UHD field recorders, monitors, and live production switchers. For stereoscopic or panoramic multi-camera configurations, precise camera synchronisation is possible using a tri-level sync reference.
Features of the 4KSDI include:
- 4K global shutter CMOS sensor, APS-C / Super-35mm size (22.5mmx11.88mm)
- DCI 4K 4096×2160 and UHD (3840×2160) output formats
- 10-bit 4:2:2/RAW up to 60p, 10-bit 4:4:4 up to 30p
- Multiple lens mount options (PL, Nikon F, Canon EF)
- Remote settings control with RS485 serial interface or handheld remote control and on-screen menu
- Tri-level sync input for multi-camera synchronisation
- Small size: 90x90x60mm, approx. 730g (not including lens mount)
- Applications: 4K production, UHDYTV live broadcast, multiple camera VFX sequencing, drone and vehicle mounted cam
Source: media release
IO Industries: www.ioindustries.com
Adept Turnkey Solutions: (08) 9242 4511 or www.adept.net.au