Audio Visual Coordinator — AV.technology
Last chance to apply for this position at Art Gallery of NSW, heading up AV full-time in Sydney’s The Domain
The following is the Gallery’s listing, ending on the 12th of October…
Job in Short
- Ongoing position
- Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Clerk Grade 7/8
- Total Salary ($99,431 – $110,064)
- Package up to $122,694 (including superannuation and leave loading)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District. The Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest art education program, with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the construction of our expansion project currently under way and scheduled for completion in 2022, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
About the Role
The Audio Visual (AV) Coordinator plans, leads and organises delivery of technology, resources and expertise across a diverse range of Audio Visual Services activities at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. The position holder leads, mentors and supports team members to ensure productions are delivered to a high standard and within appropriate policies and procedures. The position works collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of service.
For more information about the role please view the role description and information for applicants or call the nominated contact person listed in the advertisement.
Hours of work
The ordinary hours of work are 35 hours per week Monday – Friday. However, the requirements of the role will necessitate a degree of flexibility to meet operational requirements on evening and weekends.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Extensive proven experience in technical roles in the events and Performing Arts industry, with wide knowledge in all areas of technical and audio visual event production and management, client, venue and staff management, technical advice and leadership.
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge in all areas required of specification, configuration, installation, and operation of audio visual and other event related and media delivery systems.
- High level organisational skills.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including people management, relationship building and stakeholder management.
- Provide an example of how you were able to use your technical and organisational skills to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities and deadlines at once, identifying AV technical production and multi-project coordination skills to successfully meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders. (300 words)
- Describe 3 attributes of leading teams that you consider important to ensure successful project and event delivery. How have your personal experiences helped you to become a good leader? (300 words)
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013, therefore you may be contacted to participate.
Department of Premier and Cabinet expects all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID 19, to be so.