Senior Technology Advisor — AV.technology
Mott Macdonald Sydney are looking for applicants to build digital technology into built environments in a senior position.
Read on for Mott’s job listing…
Are you passionate about the contribution of digital technologies to the Built Environment and its role in shaping a sustainable future for our communities?
This is a great opportunity to join our Digital Technology group in NSW as a Senior Technology Advisor. You will support the Australian Digital Technology Lead and Built Environment business in developing national Digital Technology capability. The role requires a creative, talented design engineer with a focus on ICT and intelligent building systems. Bringing holistic systems thinking, capability in briefing, designing and specifying these systems, you will work closely with our broader building services team and digital delivery experts to create outstanding solutions for our clients.
You’ll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. Building connections across our network of national experts, you will bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. Our commitment to innovatively conceive and deliver technology to solve our clients’ most pressing priorities underpins our pioneering mindset to revolutionise the performance and value of technology in the built environment.
In Your Role
- Senior member of the Digital Technology group for NSW
- Deliver projects spanning Digital Technology services in the Built Environment Sector in NSW
- Support overall delivery of the national strategy and business plan through collaborative work with team members around Australia to best meet client needs
- Provide expertise in active ICT systems design including wired and wireless networks, network integration of building systems and coordination of data acquisition requirements
- Work with our cybersecurity team members to ensure designs meet security requirements across infrastructure, systems and applications
- Collaborating with team members in NSW to deliver Digital Technology expertise for cross-sector projects in the transport, water, advisory and energy sectors
- Develop and maintain client relationships through the delivery of high-quality work, meeting and/or exceeding expectations, and regular communication
- Managing/mentoring junior staff to support the creation of a high performing team
- Provide innovative technical design and direction to projects
- Manage projects to successful outcomes
- Integrate with all aspects of the business to identify opportunities to include Digital Technology solutions into our services offering across multiple market sectors
- Co-ordinate and align with our Digital Applications team and Digital Ventures to offer and facilitate data services for clients in NSW
- Produce and oversee the production of high quality documentation
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in an appropriate computing/technology/engineering qualification
- 10+ years of industry experience, demonstrated areas of subject matter expertise and industry presence
- Experience of working as a consultant in the built environment
- Ability to generate new work from new and existing clients
- Client focused with an ability to establish strong client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of a wide array of global, national, state and local initiatives and technology solutions in the built environment sector including buildings and infrastructure
In return we will offer you:
All the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development, agile working and a great opportunity to work on key projects.
There’s no time like the present to make a change.