Audio Visual Technical Director / Project Manager — AV.technology
CMS Australasia - Full Time - Melbourne / Eastern Suburbs
We are currently growing our technical team so are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Director for immediate start in our Melbourne head office. If you enjoy being in a stable role, have a passion for AV and a strong work ethic, then we welcome your application!
- Love working with the latest technology on live events?
- Can you think on your feet and deliver a creative solutions?
- Do you enjoy working for a company that appreciates your contribution?
- Our mission is to be our customers’ trusted, creative partner
- CMS is an event production company with a fully integrated range of event and broadcast services under one roof
- Our team is supportive, service-driven, and strive to reduce complexity for our customers
- At CMS, we are committed to being a formidable team, a quiet achiever, and to continually innovate
- We have strong, long standing client relationships across finance, retail and sport & entertainment and growing each year
- We like to keep things fresh and enjoy being able to offer clients creative new ideas and realistic solutions
- This Technical Director role is responsible for defining, developing, and refining technical requirements and briefs for events
- It requires a strong work ethic and the ability to see projects through from start to finish
- In this role you must be comfortable communicating directly with external stakeholders such as clients, venues, other providers and with internal stakeholders including the production team, warehouse, logistics, finance, account managers
- It offers varied work across our live events portfolio; touring road shows, gala and awards dinners, conferences, corporate events, seminars and live sports
What you will do
- Project management, budgeting, scheduling and planning from conception to completion
- Define required equipment and resources in audio, vision, lighting, rigging, creative theming and digital services
- Plan and brief your event crew and develop concise and clear briefing documents
- Develop floor plans and technical schematics using CAD related software such as VectorWorks or Visio
- Collaborate with the warehouse and logistics teams to ensure the smooth roll out of equipment from our national branch locations locations
- Be involved with equipment procurement decisions
- Lead and motivate on-location crew to install and execute technical audio-visual equipment in a safe, efficient, professional manner and in compliance with safety standards
- Manage and coordinate theming and fabrication (where required)
- Oversee and align event content including presentations and digital content working closely with our video production and digital services team
- Ongoing budget reports and client feedback reports
The experience, skills and commitment you need to get here
- Proven experience of 4+ years in a similar role
- You are able to clearly demonstrate hands-on experience with the latest audio, vision and lighting equipment with a strong proficiency in at least one of these disciplines (vision experience is favourable)
- You are a good communicator in both verbal and written forms and do so consistently and clearly across all aspects of the role
- You are a multi-tasker, you work well as a member of a team and willingly share knowledge and ideas for the betterment of the business
- You are pro-active, able to manage responsibility and think on your feet
- Able to prioritise, strong attention to detail, and can balance the demands of concurrent projects
- Dependable, punctual, take pride in your work and appearance
- Available to work outside of business hours at Melbourne events and occasionally interstate
- Australian driver’s license (manual)
- EWP/BL License (Yellow Card)
- Current police check
- Level 1 First Aid certificate
- Medium Rigid Truck license
- Test & Tag certification
- Construction Induction (White Card)
- Rigging certification
- High Risk work license
What we will do for you
- Opportunity to work with great clients
- Offer you an attractive remuneration package that includes time off in lieu
- Ongoing training and exposure to the latest equipment on the market
- Offer a professional, safe, friendly and fun workplace culture
Please include a brief cover letter indicating why you believe you would be suitable for this position. Also, include a current CV including industry qualifications and employment history that aligns with this role. Please be prepared to provide referee details if asked.
Please only submit applications via the seek website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thanks for considering CMS as your next place of employment