Pivotal new releases on the Crestron booth include the industry’s only 4K/60 switching and scaling technology with live demonstrations of the company’s new 4K DigitalMedia receiver and room controller with scaling, which allows any source, including HDCP 2.2 content, to be routed to any display including 4K/60 and 2K/60 displays.
The new DM-RMC-4K-Scaler-C (pictured) is a core component of the DM30 digital standard, offering uncompressed bit-for-bit 4K/60 distribution and scaling with razor sharp images and smooth motion. It allows users to:
- Upscale 1080p and higher resolutions of the latest laptops and mobile devices to display on the latest 4K displays at their full 60Hz frame rate
- Downscale 4K sources to properly display on 1080p displays
- Intelligently convert frame rates for 24p and PAL sources, as well as convert 4K/30Hz content to 1080p60 or 4K/60Hz
- Create video walls, even spreading a 4K source across 1080p displays while maintaining full resolution
The company is also demonstrating three 4K presentation switchers that can be set up in minutes without any custom programming. All three feature 4K switching and scaling with simple setup powered by Crestron’s .AV Framework technology, and are ideal for smaller rooms and budgets:
- HD-MD8X1-4K (pictured) – provides up to eight inputs; suits rooms that require connection to the room display via HDMI; built-in 4K scaler
- DM-MD8X1-4K-C – 4K scaling presentation switcher with HDBaseT output; delivers all of the features of the HD-MD8X1-4K plus a mic input and a DM output
- DMPS3-4K-150-C – suits classrooms, small and medium conference rooms and huddle spaces; adds a powerful 3-Series Control System and two DM Inputs for a 10X1 4K switching solution, and can be used with either .AV Framework or SIMPL Windows for custom programming
Two new multiformat video processors are on show: the DGE-100 and DM-DGE-200-C digital graphics engines. The low cost models are designed for huddle spaces and small meeting rooms and offer high performance streaming, HDMI connectivity, display control and seamless integration with Crestron’s Fusion enterprise management software via a LAN port for room monitoring, management and scheduling. Both also provide the ability to create customised on-screen graphics and messaging using the in-room display.