REAL HDMI SIGNAL DETECTION
Kramer Electronics has released a new high performance automatic standby switcher for HDMI video and unbalanced stereo audio signals that allows flexible active switching based on real signal detection.
The VS-211HA can switch inputs while keeping the output active and HDMI links alive, making it more efficient and reliable than a standard standby switcher. Users can easily select between auto switching (last-connected or priority) and manual switching modes (manual and manual override), offering use-case flexibility.
VS-211HA detects real HDMI signals instead of just 5V presence, allowing auto switching only to sources actually in use. HDMI 5V output turns off when no inputs are connected to enable cascaded setups and to let displays go into sleep mode.
The device offers full signal re-clocking and parallel analogue audio and HDMI switching. Additional features include HEC, ARC and 3D pass-through, and support for full HD video up to 6.75Gbps (2.25Gbps per graphic channel).
- Data rate – 6.75Gbps (2.25Gbps per graphic channel)
- HDMI and HDCP compliant
- HDTV compatible
- Advanced auto switching – based on video clock detection
- Automatic output shutdown – if no input signal is detected after a configurable idle period
- 3D pass-through
- EDID pass-through – passes EDID signals from display to source
- Audio return channel (ARC) pass-through
- Parallel unbalanced stereo audio switching
- Contact closure remote control – for for manual switching override
- DIP-switches – for setting the switching mode
- Size – compact DigiTOOLS – three units can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK-3T rack adapter
- Applications – providing backup switching, boardrooms and meeting rooms, restaurant and entertainment venues
Source: media release
Kramer Electronics Ltd: www.kramerelectronics.com
Kramer Electronics Australia: (07) 3806 4290 or www.krameraustralia.com.au