Audiovisual Designer at Monash Uni — AV.technology
The south-east Melbourne university are looking for a full time AV Designer to join their team, working on teaching and learning systems
The following is a job listing from Monash University…
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So, if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
eSolutions is a dynamic and innovative team, with a goal to enable Monash to deliver the best possible academic experience and research outcomes through the provision of high-quality technology and enhanced ICT services.
We have an exciting new position for a passionate AV designer to join our Design team to support us in managing all things AV within the University! We pride ourselves on ensuring AV technology standards are incorporated effectively into the Monash teaching and administrative environment whilst also managing custom AV installations for specialist teaching or research use, as required.
As an integral part of our collaborative team, you will work closely with senior members of the wider AV Design and Installations team to deliver modern, reliable and easy to use AV that can be effectively supported and maintained as a large fleet of equipment. You will be mentored whilst being exposed to new and exciting projects which enable us in driving technological efficiencies related to AV, at scale.
Your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of AV at all times and sharing knowledge with the wider team
- Supporting the development and presentation of AV budget proposals
- Working with our internal customers to develop AV functional briefs
- Supporting senior AV colleagues in providing quality assurance / critically reviewing the work of AV Consultants and AV Integrator designers as they create deployment (design) packs for new AV installations using our AV Standards templates and framework
- Working with our Building & Property Division, Architects, Consultants, AV Integrators and other key stakeholders on a variety of projects
- Assisting in the development of new AV standards, including installation, commissioning and support documentation
- Evaluating and testing new AV equipment and technology
- Supporting the evaluation of proof of concept and pilot AV systems
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have a degree in engineering coupled with experience in the design, installation, configuration and support of AV systems. You will have a strong understanding of the industry and documentation standards applicable and your passion for AV will see you naturally keeping an up to date knowledge of the latest industry trends and changes. Experience working in an AutoCAD role is not essential but will be advantageous as is any experience with AVIXA, Crestron and/or AMX and experience working under ITIL, Agile or and/ or PRINCE2. Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement experience is also important for this position.
If you are passionate about AV and want to be a part of something bigger, then apply now!
This role is a full-time position; however flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you believe you can fulfill these requirements, you are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply, simply submit your CV along with a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing your suitability to this position. Key Selection Criteria responses are not required. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.