Customer Service / Internal Sales
CMI’s head office in inner Melbourne are looking to take on a full-timer working in customer service and sales support
Read on for more information regarding CMI’s advertised position…
CMI Music & Audio is a major leading distributor of music gear brands in Australia specialising in musical instruments, music technology and professional audio and DJ gear. We service and support music gear resellers and pro-audio rental/installation companies nationally.
If you have a passion for music gear and enjoy interacting with customers, building and maintaining relationships whilst working with the highest quality global music brands in an expanding company then this is the role for you.
You will be based on our sales desk at our Brooklyn office working alongside a team of experienced professionals in a service-based role. You will be rewarded with comprehensive on-the-job training and a competitive salary package.
Your focus will be on customer service and sales support. You will take inbound queries from our customers and you will assist in the field Sales Representatives with any queries that they have. You will also liaise with our Product Specialists and Product Managers on a daily basis.
This role involves you managing a small portfolio of accounts with regular outbound sales calls to maintain and develop good ongoing business relationships with your customers. You will be proactive in developing new business and goal-driven in order to achieve your sales budgets and KPI’s.
You will report to the National Sales Manager.
To be successful in this position you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience with music instruments, studio gear, live sound or DJ products.
- Experience in a sales/customer service role within a technical environment.
- A strong customer service focus and can-do attitude
- Accurate data entry skills and basic understanding of Windows Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and a good understanding of social media.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to multi-task (direct incoming calls & assist with invoicing)
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work to deadlines.
- An ability to work in a team environment.
- Industry experience is preferred.
CMI Music and Audio employ engaged and vibrant staff that actively participate in the creation of music. We encourage growth and development within our organization and give you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with some of the most exciting and cutting edge music brands today.
If you have a passion for working in the music gear industry and an appreciation for fantastic customer service, please forward your cover letter and resume via the link below.
Whilst we sincerely appreciate your interest in working with CMI Music & Audio, only short listed candidates will be contacted.